August 20, 2008

We Love the FAIR!

Oh how I love the fair! I look forward to it every year. Each year watching my child's excitement has been better than the last. We took that exciting trip this summer and this is how it went.

The first thing I wanted to do was get some fair food! We got some of those hot chicken and cheese flat bread sandwiches, Tortado's (they take a whole potato and swirl it with what looks like a drill bit, then they fry it and you can top it with
salt, and spices) It is like a cross b/t fried chips and french fires. Should have taken a picture. We also had State Fair Strawberry Lemonade to top it off.

After dinner we headed over to the country concert. Here are me and our baby at the concert. Ya I got all cowgirled up. I love this hat my college summer roomies got it for me for my 18th birthday. I wore it to the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert the next summer. Look at that boy sucking down the lemonade.

Here is my husband and our boy watching the African Acrobat show. These guys put on a pretty good show.


The 4 x 4 show. Jeeps climbing the rocks. The boys were really excited to watch this one.

We love the Ag tent. They always have lots of fun, free, and educational activities geared toward the kids. Here is the picture board and the bean pool with the tractors.




My husband took our boy over to a big cow and pointed to the udders and told him that is were milk comes from. Look at that face! I am not sure if he is grossed out or just really surprised.


This boy sure loved the petting zoo. We would tell him lets go see more animals and he would quickly hop on the stroller which is rare form for this boy. He loved the fair. When it was time to go he cried all the way to the car. "I want to stay at the fair." I could have stayed later too I love it so much but it was late and daddy was the voice of reason.



Before we could leave I HAD to have dessert. It was a tough decision with funnel cakes, Carmel apples, cotton candy and churros to choose from but I went for a fair favorite the elephant ear. YUMMY!

5 comments:

Mama Yo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

We just went 2 nights ago and I remember why I LOVE it so much too! Pretty certain I ate half the fair! All diets are off once I walk through the main gates.
Oh I love the hat. What country concert was it? Those are some cute pictures. Isn't it fun to see how excited your kids get. This year Cora was all about the rides. I'm sure that will be the focus of the fair now for years to come!

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kori said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We didn't make it to the fair this year, and I was kind of bummed, because it looks like your boys really enjoyed it! Take care!

Courtney said...

Hey, I saw your comment on our post and wanted to reply (I need to get your email address) Anyways the jist of it is lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains, with limited animal protein (so we cut out milk, eggs, cheese and eat meat very sparingly- I would cut it out completely but Rich isn't ready. Also have cut out refined stuff (sugars, white flours, refined oils (canola, vegetable). If you want more just ask. courtneymontierth@gmail.com
Also check out this blog simplehealthytasty.blogspot.com
I'm finding I am developing quite the soap box- sorry.