September 16, 2008

Where We Live

A friend just asked me to send her some pictures of where we live. Instead of emailing them I thought I would post them here. It just seemed easier, and fun. Ask and ye shall receive. Here you go.....

While I am at it I am going to blog some more about this house. This is the second house we have owned since we were married. In 2003 we found a lot, picked a floor plan and had a cute 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house built. We had fun picking out all the colors and light fixtures and such.
One day almost three years later my husband was driving home from work and saw a for sale sign. He drove down the street and saw that the houses had one acre lots. It was love at first sight. Next thing I know he is talking to realtors and wanting to put in an offer. Let me just say we were not planning to move, nor were we looking for a house.
He some how convinced me to let him put in a "low ball" offer. Much to my dismay the sellers excepted that offer. He really wanted it and said he saw some "investment potential" in it. I gave in. Did I say he REALLY wanted it? He always says that he always let's me get what I want, but I think it goes both ways.
Let me explain why I needed convincing.
1. I was not planning on moving.
2. I liked the house we lived in, the 0.3 of an acre and the young family neighborhood. I thought 0.3 of an acre was a good size yard.
3. Most of my friends were building brand new bigger houses with all kinds of amenities. If we were going to move I wanted a house that catered to my needs, bigger kitchen, bigger laundry room, a mud room? A bigger pantry!
I like this house. I miss the virgin cleanness of our old house, and the neighbor hood that actually had families our age. Other than that this is a great place to live. The space between neighbors is nice. I love the fruit trees. I love having space for a volleyball net and more. This house is bigger, 4 bedroom and I like the extra room. I miss the plant shelves from my old house.
Really I am just grateful to have a home, to still be able to make the payment each month and have a safe place for my family.



The garden, the burn pile and daddy's play truck!



In the back 40 we have a volleyball net set up. We have not used it enough this year.




I love the Japanese Maple on the back porch.




This is what it looks like to the neighbor across the street. The two trees to the left are apricot trees. We got apricots for the first time this year.




The shed in the back 40.




If you explore this area you will find 10 bird houses left by the previous owner.




The sand play area is over in the corner.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Are you still renting out your other house?

Meagan said...

Oh I love it! It is such a great space with real trees! That is the thing I most dislike about new homes is the lack of beautiful grown-in trees that provide much needed shade! Thanks for providing me a good look!

Monica said...

Jessica- Yes, we are still renting out our old house. Just signed a year lease for the third year with the original renters.

Meagan- I love the trees and shade too. Your right you cann't get that from a new house.

Amber said...

Mark was jealous of all the trees after seeing your house when he picked the girls up. I wish I could get the feel and newness of a new house with all of the mature landscaping of an older home. That would be my dream come true! I sure do like this house though. And how awesome is it that you have room for a volleyball net!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see pics of your house and get an idea of where you live. Really nice!
We are trying to decide if we want to sell or add on because eventually we are going to need more room. We love our yard and where we live but we also want to get the most for our money. Anyway, I don't think we will ever build I love homes that have a good story to tell and an established personality...and I don't ever want to put in another sprinkling system. We've put in a lot of work in our house, it's hard to think about moving at all.

Dannyel Crane said...

It was so fun to see your pics of your home. I love it. It doesn't look like you live in a city! What a nice place. hoping to get a date for our next get together.

Tara said...

Monica,
I didn't know for sure where you lived, now I do!
There are so many pros and cons to buying brand new vs already established. It is a headache to say the least. All I can say is, I am so glad you moved into our ward. Your family is so cute.

And... do you do your laundry on the back porch??? Or are you just storing the washer and dryer there? :)

I love Japanese Maple trees.

Monica said...

Tara-


I forgot that I was going to explain the washer and dryer back there. No I don't do laundry back there. Those are just waiting for my husband to move them........

Rapp Family said...

What a beautiful home you have. I just love the property, as I'm sure your boys do too. What a great place to spend their childhood. You guys all look great. I barely recognized Matthew--he looks so grown-up. Keep up the great work!