January 1, 2009

My New Hobbie

Couponing and deal hunting is my new hobby. It is kind of like a fun little game to see how much money I can save. I find ways to pay little or no money for things and occasionally I get paid for buying stuff.

Almost two years ago my Aunt Glenda and Unlce Tracy told me all about the coupon world. Couponing is Tracy's hobby. I was really excited to try it but got discouraged when I saw that the best deals were at CVS which we don't have and I had a lot of trouble figuring out the whole combining coupons and keeping track of sales. It seemed too time consuming. When I looked at the coupons in the paper I didn't think I would use them. Plus who takes printed coupons and which printed coupons are legal?

Since I have been lured into the whole blogging world I have learned a lot and found lots of sites that find all the deals and coupons for you. Awesome! I have even started posting on a money saving blog. Fabulessly Frugal

Now here are a couple of bragging photos........

I got all this stuff for $10.



All of this stuff was FREE!



Are you a deal hunter? What are your favorite sites?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love a good bargain. We do the coupon thing too! It's still time consuming but worth the extra money you save. I do however, think that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed while trying to find a good deal. I went to Park City with my Mom and Sisters over Mother's day weekend a while back; we walked the outlet stores and I had brought $20 to find me a skirt ...I walked in every store, tried on a ton of skirts which I was happy with but couldn't find a skirt under $20 they were all w/ tax about $25 or higher. I finally found one at the GAP that was on sale for $21.99 and by that point my Mom and sisters were like, "just buy it or we're leaving you!" So I bought it, but first spent time applying for their stupid credit card (which I cancelled right after purchase)to save 15%!!!!! That was a HUGE learning experience for me. Ha Ha ha. "Time really is money!"