October 4, 2008

FLASHBACK!

My little brother is a freshmen in high school and he asked me to post some ideas for creatively asking friends to dances. I am not a good one to ask. Thinking back to high school I can not remeebmer any creative invitaions to dances. There may have been one but I can not remember so it must not have been that creative.
I happened to document two invitations when I was a Ricks. So Tanner here you go. The first is a date invitation I got from my friend Neil. He dropped off a box of Lucky Charms that read, " You are so Charming, I would be Lucky if you would go on a date with me." I returned a porceline fortune cookie with a note that read, "yes."



In this invite the guy had my roommates place pink feathers and pink balloons in my room with a giant pink sign that read, " I would be tickled pink if you would go to homecoming with me."
Speaking of roommates, aren't they cute. I sure loved rooming with these girls. Heather, Lora, Emily, Me, Jess, Tasha. I have enjoyed reading their blogs.

Tanner, I hope that helps.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Too cute. When I was at Ricks I had a guy sew frozen peas onto a plant and attach a card that read: I'd pea my plants if you would go to the homecoming dance with me. One of my roommates came up with a good reply. We poured apple juice into a jar, warmed it up and left it on his doorstep with a note that said "Urine" my plans for Friday night. A little gross, but super cute we thought!

Tara said...

Oh the creative ways to ask someone to dances... now that doesn't bring back memories! There was so many clever/cute things that we did, but one time I asked a cop to pull Chris over and really give him a hard time. (I only did this because we had dated for a long time) So the cop waited for Chris to leave the highschool and then pulled him over. He came up to Chris and said (rather harshly) "Do you have any idea why I pulled you over?" no sir. The cop went on and on saying things like, "I ought to haul you in right now!", finally he said "You must think your pretty cute, don't ya?" no sir "Well, I know someone who does, and Tara would like you to go to the dance with her." The guy was really funny, but Chris wanted to kill me. I thought it was very funny.