October 25, 2008

Halloween Decorations

The lady that watched my children when I work has her house decorated with lots of cute and fun Halloween decorations. My boy was asking about these decorations and so I told him we could get ours out when we got home. Almost everything I have I got from my mother in law. I am not really into decorating for all the holidays except Christmas. I am realizing that it really is not about me, it is about the kids. They are the ones that love the decorations.


Last night after all the boys had gone to bed I was cleaning up some of the toys and such. I found these cars on top of my toilet and put them away.



The next morning my son went about the house placing his cars in different places. Then cheerfully announced, "mom, tell me good job for decorating for Halloween."







My goodness that was cute until later that day I asked him to clean up another one of his messes and he put most of it on the couch claiming that he was decorating for Halloween again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I'm not going to tell my kids about this story or I'll never get them to clean up their toys. Ha Ha.

K. Lou said...

That is so funny! What a clever kid you have! I am feeling guilty because I still haven't pulled out the decorations. You almost had me convinced until I saw the pictures. that is something my four-year-old would totally do. Hmm...maybe I can wait another year. :)

DANIELDOOZ said...

Matthew is darling! Don't tell him I said so--little boys don't appreciate 'darling'. I love to read your posts. Thanks for posting your meatloaf mice. My kids want to make it for Grandma and Grandpa on Halloween. Can't wait!

Mama Yo said...

What a cute little stinker. I love it! It is so fun to watch how their little minds work. He is such a doll - well, I guess I should say he's quite the stud (do people say that anymore?).

Glenda said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HIM!! What a cutie pie!

Yeah, I decorate for the kids. Yep, totally for them ...