November 10, 2008

Ricks College


This summer we went to Idaho Falls for my cousin Kiery's wedding. We decided to take a trip down memory lane back to where we met, dated, got engaged and spent the first few months of our married life, Ricks College. It was really fun. We walked around campus, went to the botanical garden's and visited our old apts. It brought back lot's of fun memories. We had such a great time at Ricks. Especially my freshmen year, I must have had the best roommates ever! The College has changed a lot since we were last there. In fact it isn't even a College anymore it is a University. We have not been back since graduation.
We took pictures in front of all of our old apts except my freshmen summer house because it was torn down and our first apt together because we just forgot. Mark said we must have been trying to suppress those memories. It was kind of a hard couple of months, it was a frozen tundra the whole semester, we were dirt poor, (I am not even sure how we survived, lots of potato's and chili dinners.), we were adjusting to married life and we pretty much had no social life.
The visit was fun. What a great place to go to school. We would recommend it to anyone with a positive attitude. You have to be creative and positive in a tiny town that has snow on the ground for what seems like the whole school year!

5 comments:

K. Lou said...

Go Ricks! I loved my time there--even the mornings that were 25 below. Definitely a character-building experience.

Meagan said...

I love looking back to all the places I've lived- brings back memories I had totally forgot! I love your new blog and your family pictures are beautiful!!

Tara said...

Positive attitude is right! I had no idea it was as cold and windy as it was until I went back to visit. I guess you just adapt. I can't figure out why my family has lived there so long!

Birch Plaza?!? Now that brings back memories.

I liked "kristy lou's" comment... 25 below - that's no lie.

P.S. Your new pictures are cute, but I can only see Mark and Matthew, you and "little bear" are cut off.

Anonymous said...

That is so fun! Jon and I met in our own stake serving together as the "stake young single adult" reps....Every time we go to my parents house we are taking a walk on memory lane. Not much of a story, but nonetheless we think it's special, especially because we didn't like each other while serving together. Ha Ha.

Tasha said...

How fun to visit the old stomping grounds! I haven't been to Rexburg forever. I need to go back there and visit, especially the campus. I love that campus! (My bro Conrad and his little fam live there now so I should be gettting up there sometime.) Your boys are so cute and are getting so big!