November 5, 2008

Yes on Prop 8

California voted on Propisistion 8 yesterday to place in the CA constiution these words, "Marriage is only between a Man and a Woman." It passed! Gay and Lesbian couples will still have all of the rights of a married couple under the domestic partnership laws, but when it comes to leagalites concerning the word marriage it will remain between a man and a woman. This will protect churches, schools, photographers doctor and numurous other organizations from being prosescuted for not supporting the union of a gay couple. I am so proud of the many Californian's who still believe in the sanctity of marriage and have worked so hard to keep it that way.

2 comments:

Julie Carroll said...

Praise God!!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! 52 to 48, it was close but we'll take it! I'm so grateful that the majority were in favor. I can't believe the world we live in now. I have to admit I was very upset about the presidential nominee, I just pray that he'll do a good job for our country.
Ps- Monica, yes I did put you as an author because I've locked my blog so only those I invite can view it; we watched the news a few nights ago about the dangers of having an open blog and it was disturbing, so to be caucious I locked it again.