November 2, 2008

Trick, Treat or Conversation?






Out little Oot is a talkative little boy. We had a lot of fun taking him around to different houses. He always had something to say.

On house had the candy in a bowl on the porch with the screen door shut and the front door open. We just assumed they did not want to come to the door. After we made enough noise out front two dogs came barking at the door and along came the owner.
Oot: "Why did you put your candy out here?"
Owner: So the we wouldn't have to keep holding the dogs back.
Oot: Which candy should I pick mom? Yellow or brown?
Me: Oh pick the yellow.
Oot: No I am going to pick brown.

At another house the lady told him he could take as many as he wanted. So he kept taking one after the other until I finally stopped him. Then he looked in the house and saw a large white bowl near the kitchen and said, "Do you have more candy in that white bowl?"
Lady: No it is just tomatoes, do you want some tomatoes.
Oot: NO.

One couple asked him do you live here?
Oot: No I live with my mom and dad.

With many people he would ask for particular colors of candy, more candy or what was left in the bowl.

He asked many adults what they were dressed as for Halloween even when they were not dressed up or why they left out certain decorations or carved their pumpkins a certain way.

We went around with our friends Glen and Niki and they have a new baby that they were pushing around. At our friend Tara's house she wanted to get a peek at their new baby. Oot worked and worked to get her attention so that he could show her our baby. "Look our baby is a Penguin, don't you want to see our baby."

My friend Julie has a brown dog that is some kind of poodle. When her husband came to the door the dog came too and Oot said, "Is that a pine cone or a dog?"

At the Costello's house he asked Patrick, "where is your mom?" (your wife)
Patrick: She is working on the computer.
Oot: My mom works on the computer too.

One house had a logo for our local college football team, I pointed it out and he said, " oh cool." The owner then said, no rival fans will trick or treat here ahh hahahahahaha. (Kind of weird and spooking like.)
Oot looked at him and said, " why did you say that?"
The guy rather embarrassed said,"I don't know."

It was fun. I don't know why he is so social he sure does not get it from me or his dad. It is good for me though to be more social. He is a good boy!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

they look very cute. At first I thought Matthew was the penguin, but then I scrolled and realized it wasn't! Time goes by fast, and your kids are getting so big

Todd and Amyjoy said...

so cute! I saw several penguins this year. Love it!

Tara said...

um, I would have to agree that "Oot" is social and quite the conversationalist. Yesterday at church, "Where is your baby? Is it in your tummy?" Um... no baby. "Why are you wearing those clothes?" LOL He is so cute. I love your sense of humor.

Leslie said...

I can definitely vouch for your little guy's conversational nature. We had quite the conversation the other night at the community center when I took him to the potty. He was cracking me up! He and my daughter Haylie could really talk it up...she asks just about as many questions! See next book club.

Tanner Montierth said...

hahahahahahhaa matthew and marret are so cute! It sounds like soo much fun! I am soo excited to see you guys over thanksgiving break ;)

Tanner Montierth said...

i don't think i have ever laughed that hard in my life hahahahahaahahhaahhaahahahahah!

Amber said...

Cutest penguin I have ever seen! And those conversations are so funny. I was laughing out loud.

Kori said...

Looks like a fun filled Halloween night, conversations and all! Your kids costumes were super cute. And I am so glad too that people voted to Yes on Prop 8 too! Take care

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Look at how adorable your kids are! How fun!!!