February 16, 2009

Frenectomy

Frenectomy: A frenum is a fold of tissue or muscle connecting the lips cheek or tongue to the jawbone. A frenectomy is the removal of one of these folds of tissue.

Both of my boys have had frenums that attached in a way the kept a bit of a gap b/t their front teeth. This bugged me a little and I have considered having it clipped in order for the teeth to not have a gap. I decided I would not put my children through such a treatment for my vanity.

At age 18 mo or so the Oot fell on the rock in our entry and tore his frenum. I few weeks later the gap b/t his teeth was gone.

Tonight the little bear fell while climbing on daddy and you guessed it tore his frenum. That little space will be gone in not time.

Did my secret desire cause my children to fall and cut their mouths? Weird huh.

The only problem is those two front teeth are really close together so we really have to stay on top of flossing to prevent decay in that area.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, so I don't have time to post on my own blog but I have time to comment on other blogs...yeah, something isn't right; oh well, anyway, my Doc said that it is a very common thing for kids to have that attaced frenum and that usually it tears away when they are toddlers because of how much they fall...but gaps are genetic in my family so I guess we will be forking out mulah for it. Your boys are cute no matter what anyway!

Tanner Montierth said...

Agh, that's no good!

K. Lou said...

Thanks for the music link! I will try it out and let you know!!!