February 21, 2009

Look What I Got For Valentines Day!


An outlet you say? What is so great about that? Well you know how the plumber always has leaky toilet, and the landscapers yard never gets enough attention and so on.
Well the electrician's wife has to wait for an outlet. If a friend calls and needs help with an electrical problem, he is always great about going over and spending several hours to help them out. For some reason it is just not the same at home. Do I sound like I am complaining? I am not. I just think it is funny how this seems to happen. Not just my husband but many people do the same thing. I guess when you come home from work you want to leave it behind and not keep doing it at home.


The only outlet in this space.

One Christmas when my husband got a call from a friend to help with his wife's kitchen lighting. He hurried to the rescue to help them out. I thought to myself well that was easy to get him to do that. How could we improve this kitchen. Oh I know. I hate plugging my appliances in in that corner. If I want to use more than one I have to unplug the cell phone. (that is not my cell phone BTW, it is Marks work phone. I still do not have one. Can you believe it?) There just is not a lot of room to have multiple appliances and stretch a mixer over for a right handed operator.

So on v-day when he said he forgot to get me something I was prepared. That is just fine. You can put an outlet in the kitchen for me!


This is so wonderful. Now I feel like I have room to use my appliances. I can not wait to try out my Bosch in this spot.


Here he is cutting out the hole for the outlet. He had to crawl under the house in the crawl space to bring power to this spot. Spiders and dust and such. What a guy! I sure do love my DIY guy. On a frugal note total OOP FREE! He got all the parts from a demo at work! It would have cost over $200 to have someone else do it. He even cleaned up the mess when he was done! Wahoo!

I love, love, love my new outlet! Thanks honey.

5 comments:

Tanner Montierth said...

PahahahaI love you, Monica :)

Jessica said...

Those are the best kind of presents, because they keep on giving. Now, everytime you are in your kitchen, using an appliance, you'll think of how sweet it was of him to do all that work. Flowers are gone in a week, outlets are around until you move!

K. Lou said...

so great! you can never have enough outlets in the kitchen--well, maybe you can. My husband did the electrical work when we built our house. I have an outlet every two feet in my kitchen. And I use every one!
What a great Valentines present!

Russell & Jammie said...

Monica you were asking if you could post my free baby shoots. Please feel free too... that is good for marketing. :)

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute! It is really nice to have a handy guy around huh? So I got your question, as far as the background goes, it all depends on how big your computer monitor is, if it's smaller then 19 or 22 inches then the background will be cut off a bit because the background is hard coded to customize the monitor size you want; so if you choose the 22 inch size then anyone with a smaller monitor will have some of the background cut off. We have a big monitor (Jon's christmas gift w/ new computer)so I customized ours to fit. Kind of crapy but haven't come up with a way to fix it. sorry! I know we need to come for a visit, and we may just do that in June...read my blog soon and you will find out the crazy things that we've been through.