February 14, 2009

Valentines Day / Shoplifter


Our Valentines day is review.

8:00 Mark wakes to go play basketball in the stake men's tournament.

8:30 I am awakened by my cute little boys, I get the little one dressed.

9:00 I make some heart shaped love pancakes and hash browns for breakfast.

9:30 Daddy returns to announce that they they won their game and will be playing again at 11:30.

9:45 We eat breakfast.

10:15 I check my email, google reader and get the updates for the day.

11:00 I clean up breakfast while the little boys watch a snowmobile movie. Mark is off to basketball.

11:30 I get my 3 yr old dressed and ready for the day. He gets a time out for wetting his pull up over night and he has to clean up the puzzle pieces all over the living room before we go.

11:45 We go to watch daddy play basketball. They have a pretty close game and win in over time.

12:30 They play another game, while I chat with some friends about, freezer meals, laundry, coupons and the v-day special at Old Navy.
Meanwhile the baby is getting really tired of sitting on my lap and my 3 yr old is running loose in the halls. He gets his feelings hurt and comes running into the gym crying b/c the 6 yr old girls don't want to play with him.

2:00 The game is over they won the Stake championship. Yeah! Wow did we really just spend over two hours here. No wonder I am hungry. The baby takes a bottle and falls asleep as we head to Old Navy.

2:10 We arrive at Old Navy. I pick out a $10 sports bra, 5.30 after shmalentine and tax. Uh ya I have been wearing the same one since high school.) Long over due for a new one. We find out the $5 Shmalentine cards can be used only one per transaction and expire today so we go and pick out a cute $6 polo 4T. Use our second Shmalantine gift card and pay 1.06 for the polo. For more on this see my fabuless post.

2:50 Arrive home again and feed the boys left overs for lunch. Mark takes a shower and falls asleep.

3:10 I check my email/reader and hear the Oot opening something under the table. I ask him what he is doing. He ignores me. I say, uh-oh. Which he knows means. You made a bad choice and will now get a time out. He quickly gets out from under the table and says I do not want a time out. I spot the object he was trying to open lying under the table. I tin of mints from Old Navy. Which I did not purchase today. I grab the mints and talk to my son about where they came from.

4:00 I head upstairs to find my husband sleeping. I ask him what he thinks we should do about our little shoplifter. We discuss it and then talk to him about it.

4:10 I frantically try to get the house straightened up better and our babysitter arrives. We checked movie times on fandango and tried to decide if we wanted to see a movie. I give the babysitter instructions and we are off to dinner.

5:00 We arrive at our restaurant down town. We decide to do the v-day special 4 course meal. Mark has Tomato Basil soup, spinach salad, tenderloin with risotto, and marionberry cheese cake. I had Crab Bisque, spinach salad, Rouland Chicken with garlic potato's, and chocolate lava cake. Mark made sure to order different things than me so we couls try each others. It was a nice dinner. We talked about our properties, some of our tenants, the housing market, what if we would have known the future of the market what we would have done differently, my coupon ventures, the movie 7 pounds, (which I highly recommend), our food of course and other random things.

6:25 We still had not decided if we wanted to go to a movie. We drive around and I call FAndango getting more movie and showtime options. The movie we thought we wanted to see did not start until 7:35 what will we do for an hour? We finally decided on a movie and got tickets then drove over to Costco to walk around, but they were closed so we got gas and headed back to the theatre.

7:00 We park at the theatre and I check the movie tickets and it actually starts at 7:15 so we go ahead and go in. Good thing we didn't walk around Costco.

7:15-9:30 We watch, He's Just Not That Into You. We did not like it that much. Bummer.

9:45 I take the babysitter home and Mark puts the baby to bed.

10:15 Mark has a bowl of ice cream and sit down to watch TV. I come over to make this post. So that is the day. Intriguing I know.

What to do about our shoplifter? Any ideas? Has this happened to you? Is he too young to know better (3 1/2)?

4 comments:

Kelly Loggins said...

Monica,
Julianna who is now 18 and in college did this same thing about this same age. We happen to catch her with it when we were still in the parking lot, so I marched her back in and had her apologize and give it back, even though it was opened. She cried but the store manager was very nice about the whole thing. I'm glad we took her back in, I think it made a big impression on her. Good Luck!!

Jessica said...

i'm with Kelly. Even though he's little, it's important to make him take it back to the store. Also, if you give him an allowance, I would make him take the money out to pay for it (if he doesn't have enough, make him pay ALL his money, and tell him he won't be getting his allowance until it's paid off). When he did it, he probably didn't realize he did anything wrong, but this will teach him it is wrong. Good luck

Drostan and Jennifer said...

I agree. Have him apologize to the manager and offer to pay for it. I think it will make a bigger impact than you think.

Tanner Montierth said...

Mom said that it doesn't matter the age to learn right from wrong. I think matthew is smart enough to know what he did is wrong... for heaven's sake, he was opening it under the table trying not to let you see... he knows it was wrong, but you have to teach him that he shouldn't not do it for fear of getting in trouble, he shouldn't do it because it isn't the right thing to do. I also think you should make him pay for them... I am pretty sure that he got enough money from his ears when he was over here haha(;

I love you, sounds like you had a fun day!! I love you sooo much and can't wait till I see you again(: