July 13, 2008

A Grandparent Weekend

This weekend we enjoyed a visit from Mark's parents. On Saturday morning Cynthia joined me for one of my favorite summer activities, garage sale hunting. When Matthew comes with me I tell him we are hunting for treasure. It wasn't as fruitful as I had hoped but it was fun.

Garage Sale item of the week, 6-9 month The Children's Place sweater 15 cents.
I have uploaded this 3 times and it keeps coming up sideways. Anyone know what to do?

Next we went downtown to the farmers market and enjoyed roasted cinnamon nuts, kettle corn, dried fruit, salsas, BBQ sauce, bread spice dips, cherries and much more. It was crowded but a fun atmosphere. I had Matthews portrait drawn by a guy that draws portraits at the market every weekend. It was not as realistic as I had hoped but I liked it okay.


After lunch we split up and the guys went to get a chain and the girls went to run some errands. We went to Deseret Book so Cynthia could get a new set of scriptures for her grandson Garrett who is getting baptized next month. We went to a new home decor store and checked it out.
Cynthia really wanted to get a pedicure so we went and got that done. She treated me for my birthday. My baby came with us and he was very good. I thought of posting a picture of my pretty toes but I did not think my toes would look as good on my blog as my aunt Glenda's did on hers lol.
We went to Costco to get a few things and over $100.00 later I came out with a few groceries and a new shirt, which Matthew took a picture of me in.

Photography by Matthew

After we came home and had dinner Matthew got his birthday quilt. He was very excited about the motorcycles on it. He did not want anyone else to lay on it, so of course his grandpa teased him with this.
Today they went with us to church and we had a fish fry. It was a nice weekend.




Quilt made by Matthew's grandma, Cynthia Knight

8 comments:

Mama Yo said...

Sounds like fun! I just barely learned about the farmers market two days ago! I need to go! I love the quilt! It is beautiful! Who made it!?!?!

Glenda said...

What a fun weekend!! You hit all the good spots & scored big time! Gotta tell you - that quilt is way cool! I love how it looks like a puzzle - very clever. Did Grandma Montierth(as in your Mom)do that?

p.s. your toes would only look as good as mine if they had funky tan lines - hee hee

Maile said...

Your boys are so adorable! I love that quilt! Brady is very possessive of things like that too. I guess they learn what is theirs at a very early age.

Russell & Jammie said...

Haha, I love reading about your family. Good job Mathew on the photography!! :) I like your new shirt monica!

Amber said...

Cute quilt and cute new shirt! Oh and if you ever need anyone to go garage sale-ing with you, call me!

ranell said...

When was your birthday? Do we need another night at Sheri's? Very cute quilt.

Unknown said...

Ok, need to know which farmer's market... And just like everyone else- who made the quilt? Is it something he gets annually. Awesome. I think Matthew has talent!

Tanner Montierth said...

Haha wow... that picutre looks like matthew in like 5 years(: