July 4, 2008

Cool Shirt

Having only boys I used to think that I would not have to deal with my children being picky about what they wore. Even if I did I thought it would not be until they were teenagers. Boy was I wrong!




My little 2 year old (almost three) has this idea that he has to wear a COOL SHIRT every day. How does a 2 year old define a cool shirt you may ask? Well it has to be blue and orange (Bronco colors) or have something to do with football, have a motorcycle or say GAP or Quicksilver in big letters.



I tried to convince him that these other GAP shirts were cool but he said that the words were too small.

So it is a battle if I try to convince him to wear something else. He has just grown out of most of these shirts so I am either going to have to do more laundry or debate the coolness of his shirt each day. It is just amazing to me that he would be so opinionated on this subject.

6 comments:

Amber said...

ave a comment on your first blog and it is not showing up? Hopefully it works this time. I think you son is hilarious in his definition of cool. Maybe when he is old enough to recognize that the "cool" kids are wearing shirts like those in the second picture, he will adapt his definition of cool! We have a similar battle in our house, only Cora wants to wear Dora and Princess clothes which I do not allow (I know, I'm a mean mom!).

Jessica said...

I don't think all boys have this opinion. He has a very hip daddy that wears cool shirts, right?

Kiery said...

hey we have one!

garthandkiery.blogspot.com!

I miss you guys!!

Allison said...

yeah you made a blog! I love it, your little guy is SO big! I can't believe how he's grown, I still think he's a baby! So cute!

Gunnell Family said...

Monica, I am so glad you are blogging, your kids are adorable. I thought it was so weird that you just started blogging, because last night I had a dream that I wrote you an email and asked you if you had a blog, so you can imagine my surprise when you emailed your blog info to me. Well, hope to keep in touch, our blog is alanandminda.blogspot.com

Tanner Montierth said...

Pahaha maybe I will have to start taking fashion tips from Matthew, eh?