July 3, 2008

Volleyball Injury


Once a week we have a date night where we go and play volleyball. It has been a fun way for us to get out. We have a fun group of friends to play with and it is usually pretty competitive. This past week when we were out playing Mark jumped up to block and came down on the hitters foot and subsequently rolled his ankle.
(The last time he injured his ankle was 11 years ago playing basketball in the MTC. He went around on crutches most of the time he was there.)
I saw him fall and the look in his eyes told me this was gonna be a bad one. I thought what should I do, I am not the type to freak out, and I hate when everyone crowds around the injured giving them no room to breath. So I walked over and gave him a moment to decide what he wanted to do.
It was a bad one, not the kind where you slide of the court and say give me a minute but the kind where two guys carry you to the car and you go home to ice it.
It was funny because he said to me, "I guess you can get a ride home." I am really into volleyball but not so much that I couldn't take my husband home to ice his ankle.
So he is pretty sore but still going to work, crazy guy. Of course he does not want to go to the doctor because he already know what they will say. He is just going to have to take it easy and our volleyball date nights are out for a while. Boo Hoo.

Good Ankle



Bad Ankle 2 hours after injury



Bad Ankle the next day



Bad Ankle 2 days later

2 comments:

Amber said...

YEAH!! You finally have a blog! I ended up working out for 3 hours today (long story) and my body was not having it. It was rebelling because of all the junk we consumed last night!! AGHH. but it tasted so good! Thanks for taking me out. It was so fun! Also good to know that I like pot stickers now :)
ps. If you need a date on Tuesday nights until Mark is healed, I'm available! Oh and that injury looks yucky. He should not be going to work! Crazy boys!

Jessica said...

Ouch! So do you still get to go to the volleyball "date" night now that you don't have a partner to come with you?